A conveyor is a mechanical apparatus for moving objects from point A to point B.
Automation, according to Oxford Languages is, “the use of largely automatic equipment in a system of manufacturing or other production process.”
There are many types of automatic equipment in today’s manufacturing and production facilities – and conveyors are not only one of the most important pieces of automation, but they are also one of the most versatile, capable of handling multiple demands.
Conveyors for Automation
mk North America has been engineering, designing, and building conveyors since 1988 offering a wide range of conveyor platforms including:
- Belt conveyors
- Flat top conveyors
- Roller conveyors
- Plastic modular belt conveyors
- And so much more.
Automating with VersaMove
When you need an even more versatile conveyor; one that will do more than move your product from point A to point B, when you need a truly automated conveyor line — you need mk’s VersaMove pallet-handling conveyor systems.
VersaMove pallet-handling conveyor systems allow you to optimize your manufacturing, assembly, and processing through conveyor automation. This is done by:
- Streamlining material flow
- Reducing the footprint of the conveyor transfer system
- Providing greater ergonomics for human operators
- Reducing work in process and increasing throughput
Because VersaMove is a workpiece pallet-handling conveyor line, you can easily convey products of different sizes on a single conveyor without worrying about the conveyor width. They can also be used to assemble the product as it moves for the line. The workpiece pallet provides a consistent and stable conveying surface for just about any size product. Which only adds to the versatility of this line.
VersaMove automation conveyors come in the following conveyor types:
- Timing belt conveyors– ideal for accurately positioning pallets and product as well indexing operation
- Accumulating roller chain conveyors – for buffering and storage of parts and pallets, as well as high load conveying
- Flat top chain conveyors – for conveying pallets around corners and light accumulation
VersaMove pallet-handling conveyors are backed by the mk North America promise to deliver not only a better product, but also a better solution. mk’s VersaMove Application Engineers will work with you throughout the entire project lifecycle and beyond ensuring that the conveyor system solution provided lives up to this promise.
If you are ready to get started on your next automation conveyor project, then look no further than mk’s VersaMove.