Traditional pallet-handling conveyor systems rely heavily on pneumatics.
Industrial pneumatic systems are plagued with inefficiencies and draw on resources.
But there is an environmentally sound alternative.
By replacing the pneumatic devices within a pallet-handling system – stops, locating units and transfers – with their electric counterparts you can eliminate the inefficiencies within the conveyor system. Creating a greener footprint, and a more sustainable manufacturing solution.
Did you know with compressed air, which is what pneumatics in a system operate using, 90% of the energy created is lost to heat? And that only 50% of the air generated is actually used during production? This is according to voluntary industry organization The Compressed Air Challenge.
All electric pallet-handling systems, such as VersaMove-E, can provide all of the industrial material handling benefits on an all electrical basis.
Do you need more reasons to switch to an all electric pallet-handling conveyor system?
- All electric systems require less components, reducing spare parts stock
- Less components also means there are less places to check when troubleshooting
- All electrical devices provide immediate feedback to the system controls serving both diagnostic and maintenance purposes
- Conveyor systems that do not use pneumatic devices are quieter, making for a safer working environment
- Electric actuators provide the highest level of accuracy in the industry
The factory of the future is a green factory.
Contact mk North America today to get started on your next all electric pallet-handling conveyor system, a greener conveyor solution for your factory.