Traditional pallet-handling conveyor systems rely heavily on pneumatics.
Industrial pneumatic systems are plagued with inefficiencies and draw on resources.
But there is an environmentally sound alternative.
That alternative is all-electrical devices.
By replacing the pneumatic devices within a pallet-handling system – stops, locating units and transfers – with their electric counterparts you can eliminate the inefficiencies within the conveyor system. Creating a greener footprint, and a more sustainable manufacturing solution.
Did you know with compressed air, which is what pneumatics in a system operate using, 90% of the energy created is lost to heat? And that only 50% of the air generated is actually used during production? This is according to voluntary industry organization The Compressed Air Challenge.
All electric pallet-handling systems, such as VersaMove-E, can provide all of the industrial material handling benefits on an all electrical basis.
Do you need more reasons to switch to an all electric pallet-handling conveyor system?
- All electric systems require less components, reducing spare parts stock
- Less components also means there are less places to check when troubleshooting
- All electrical devices provide immediate feedback to the system controls serving both diagnostic and maintenance purposes
- Conveyor systems that do not use pneumatic devices are quieter, making for a safer working environment
- Electric actuators provide the highest level of accuracy in the industry
The factory of the future is a green factory.
Contact mk North America today to get started on your next all electric pallet-handling conveyor system, a greener conveyor solution for your factory.